If you were stranded on a deserted island and could only have one skin care product, what would it be?
Forget being stranded...that'll never happen. Let's start over: You're heading to the Canary Islands, with your toddler, your father-in-law (with his blood pressure medication), your husband (who suffers from sleep apnea), your bag of toiletries, a few oranges, and a reservation for the Radisson Blu Resort hotel. Now guess what you'll need?
Pretty much... a lot of lip balm.
- The outdoor elements: wind, sun and cold weather, cause chapped lips.
- Your toddler has this habit of licking his lips, yet the more he does this, the more chapped they become.
- Your hotel room has central heat. Unfortunately, it'll chap those lips.
- Medications, especially those from prescription medication like Accutane (for acne or wrinkles) or propranolol (for blood pressure), cause chapped lips.
- Acidity in fruit, tomatoes and cinnamon gum can irritate the lips.
- If your toothpaste contains sodium lauryl sulfate or guaiazulene, or if your lipstick has propyl gallate, your lips might be reacting to these ingredients. Sodium lauryl sulfate dries out and even irritates the skin.
- Having air constantly pass over your lips can dry them out, so for your husband's sleep apnea, he'll need his lip balm.
- A thyroid or autoimmune disease may cause your lips to dry out. So can too much vitamin A (watch the supplements!).
Did you have any idea that so many factors contribute to dry, chapped lips? Neither did I! Conclusion:
Pack the lip balm.
For fun, we're comparing notes on how many lip balms are in our customers' homes. Between family members, purses, drawers, backpacks... 10? 20? Join in on the conversation here
Did you have any idea that so many factors contribute to dry, chapped lips? Neither did I! Conclusion: Pack the lip balm!
Find our U-Pick Lip Balm (choose 10 lip balms) here: