Scary fact: 70% of Americans are deficient in magnesium.
Most doctors don't suggest that your headache, insomnia, anxiety or high blood pressure could be due to low magnesium.
What if you could fix some of your symptoms without a prescription by increasing a mineral that you really can't even overdose on?
Meet Natalie Jurado of BeRootedIn.com
Natalie is an expert on all things Magnesium.
In our Expert Talk, we discussed the reason for the magnesium deficiency, how to know if you're deficient, what you can do about it, and more.
(To find out where Natalie had her magnesium tested via hair analysis, click here.)
Watch our conversation here:
10 Facts about Magnesium You Might Not Know
- Magnesium is the mineral that can turn insomnia into restful sleep and calm crippling anxiety.
- Magnesium can also balance hormones.
- Signs of magnesium deficiency include: fatigue, migraines, high blood pressure and heart disease.
- Most doctors are not trained in nutrition to be able to advise proper diet and food changes.
- Blood work can't detect your magnesium level. Less than 1% of magnesium is found in the blood.It CAN be measured with hair analysis.
- Magnesium can help with period pain.
- Calcium and magnesium must work together. Magnesium is needed to properly use calcium.
- People with restless leg syndrome can be fixed with adequate magnesium.
- Six forms of magnesium include threonate, citrate, glycinate, malate, carbonate and oxide. The last one is what you'll often find as a supplement in stores, but actually is the least effective for raising magnesium. It's great as a stool softener, though.
- THE FASTEST WAY TO USE MAGNESIUM IS TOPICALLY!
Where can you purchase magnesium cream?
Check out BeRootedIn.com for 3 varieties that can help you absorb magnesium faster than taking supplments.