Best Natural Remedies for Acne
It was 1983.
I did everything I could to bring attention away from the one massive flaw that drew the eye (everyone's eyes, it seemed!) directly to my forehead.
Acne... it plagued my skin from the tops of my eyebrows up to my hairline. Bangs didn't help much.
No amount of Oxy Clean pads (remember those?) or benzoyl peroxide could get rid of the ugly red bumps that scarred my teenage face.
We didn't have access to natural remedies for acne like we do today!It's time we fix our menopausal acne, and help our teen daughters. I've scoured the Herbs & Essential Oils Superbundle to share this information with you:
- Tea tree (Melaleuca alternifolia) is a powerful essential oil that works well for acne. You can apply it "neat" (directly to the skin) although a patch test is always recommended.
- Lavender is another essential oil recommended for pimples.
- An acne spot treatment* can be made with 20% ratio of tea tree, lavender and helichrysum (use less of this) in a carrier oil like jojoba.
- Reduce stress, as this can exacerbate acne.
- Acne can also be caused by hormonal imbalances and/or shifts, gut flora imbalances, or inflammatory foods or food sensitivities.
- Witch hazel is a topical remedy for rashes, cuts, acne, and varicose veins.
- Bentonite clay is a grayish-tan clay that helps dry up rashes and acne.
- Grapeseed oil is a good choice for acne-prone skin if you're looking for a good carrier oil.
A Smart Guide to Your Essential Oils: How to Decide For Yourself Which Oils You Need and When You Need Them by Sam Howard
*Exact recipe can be found in Essential Oils for Women's Health: Maiden, Mother, Crone by Rachel Silves
The Minimalist Natural Medicine Cabinet: Creating a Small Collection of Remedies to Meet Common Household Needs by Kristen Smith
The above sources are all included in the Herb and Essential Oil Super Bundle. Get 38 products worth $684.18, for only $37.